Due to the handmade nature of our products, all of our sales are final. However, we value you as a customers and want you to be happy with your purchase. If for some reason you are unhappy with your purchase please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within the first 7 days of receiving your item and we will happily discuss your options to ensure that you have a great experience with our company. Here are some answers to questions we have received in the past about our policies:
- Do you offer returns or exchanges? The short answer is typically NO. There are a few exceptions to this, such as if an item comes to you broken. We will obviously send you a replacement no cost to you. If you truly are unhappy with your purchase we may consider an exchange, but here's the low down: If we offer you an exchange, you, the costumer, will have to ship the item back to Settle. Once the item is returned unbroken and unused, we will then send you an invoice for exchange shipping to have your new product shipped back to you. These exchange offers are rare and even rarer is a refund offered since our primary policy is ALL SALES ARE FINAL. If you are offered a refund, please be aware it will be for the product only ( your refund will exclude the shipping costs). Which leads into the next question.
- Why don't you offer free shipping? The short answer is we are a small buisness and shipping costs quite a bit. We now offer Calculated shipping with many options, so you are paying the True shipping costs. Shipping costs continue to go up and while we would love to offer free shipping that would mean that cost would be added to the cost of the products your are purchasing. The average shipping cost for one Cappuccino Mug ( about 1.25 pounds) is approximately $9.50. This can vary greatly, with packages going to NY and California costing closer to $12-$14. The cost obviously goes up the larger the item/ size of the order.This is also the primary reason we do not offer returns/exchanges.
- Details about the Local Pick Up Option: Customers local to Austin are welcome to select Local Pick Up at check out to collect their order from our studio! You will receive emails regarding when your item is ready for pick up and how to schedule your appointment. You will need to create an appointment for pick within ten buisness days of receiving your "ready for pick up" notification. If you have extenuating circumstances please feel free to reach out via email to work out a solution. If you fail to make an appointment, and we will send out reminders if you have not, Settle reserves the right to refund your purchase 30 days after you initial order date.
SETTLE wares are handmade with care. . Please keep in mind that no two handmade items will be exactly alike. We like to think of the pots as "sisters" NOT "twins". There will be differences, as much as we try to remain consistent. Variations inherent in the handmade process are to be expected. Differences in size, shape and color are not considered flaws. Glaze details are located here.
- I received my pot and it looks different than the picture? As mentioned on the product page, the image shown is a representation of the item you will receive. Shapes and sizes will vary as every item is hand-thrown on the wheel.
- The color of the glaze is different then the picture? Variations in the glazes we offer are what we love! The breath of difference is what makes each item unique and special. All of the glazes have a range in surface, color, and saturation. The glazes are explained in detail on the glaze vignette that you can visit in the link above. There is a wide variation in sauration of the royal blue mason stain used on the the splash and speckle pots. This is intentional! They are meant to have difference. It can range from a deep royal blue to a lighter sky blue. It has to do with application variance, how the stain interacts with the glaze beneath it, and its placement in the kiln.
As such with any handmade item, care should be taken to extend the life of your new piece. All items are dishwasher, microwave and oven safe, though hand washing is recommended for larger items.
Other Frequently Ask Questions
- Do you offer discounts for large order such as multiple place settings? Since Settle is a small business and each piece is handmade to order, we do not offer volume discounts. The amount of time and care put into each piece is the same whether we make 1 plate or 10.
- I dropped my mug in the sink while hand washing it and the handle fell off! Can you fix it? No, we can't. Just like ceramics you buy at a big box store these items are breakable and once broken they cannot be repaired to be like new.